The SiLC Professional and Technical Panel (PTP) was established to develop a system for the registration of individuals completing the Land Condition Record (LCR).
An individual who becomes registered will be a “Specialist in Land Condition” and be known as a SiLC. The use of a registered SiLC will give the highest level of credibility to the information that is included in the LCR.
All supporting professional bodies have been invited to participate on the SiLC PTP. Those currently involved include:
- The Association of Geoenvironmental and Geotechnical Specialists
- The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management
- The Institution of Civil Engineers
- The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
- The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland
- The Geological Society.
Forum Court Associates provides the secretariat for SiLC and the Registration Scheme. In 2011 eight of these professional bodies formed SiLC Register Ltd, a company limited by guarantee. The SiLC PTP considers that this represents the most effective way of building on existing schemes run by the various professional bodies.