SiLC Introduction Day dates:
9th January 2024
2nd July 2024
If you cannot attend the specified dates (above) please email us SiLC@SiLC.org.uk to be placed on a mailing list which will alert you when an SiLC Introduction Day has been arranged else-where. Your email will not be shared or used for anything other than for Introduction day information.
SiLC Introduction Day fees for 2024 are:
Private Sector: £199.50 + VAT Total: £239.40
Public Sector: £147 + VAT Total: £176.40
The Specialist in Land Condition (SiLC) Register is an accreditation for experienced practitioners working in land condition (contaminated land, regeneration, development). The scheme has developed progressively, establishing an important role in improving quality and standards across the sector. The SiLC Annual Forum is open to all and presents an opportunity for SiLCs and other professionals to meet informally, and hear topical presentations from a range of guest speakers.
The Forum will be chaired Richard Boyle, Homes and Communities Agency, who give the opening address followed by the following speakers:
- The future of brownfield – an editors perspective – Ian Grant, Editor, Brownfield Briefing
- Sustainable remediation – Frank Evans, National Grid Property
- Challenges for expert witnesses – Denise Dowen, Partner, Berrymans, Lace Mawer
- Update of the CL:AIRE Waste Code of Practice, Ged Duckworth
- Update on the SiLC Register – Phil Crowcroft, Chair SiLC PTP
The event will be held on Friday 15 October 2010 at the Geological Society, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BG and will start at 10:15am.
To book on to this date visit the IEMA website.
If you have any queries about the dates, please contact Alison Webb or call +44 (0)1522 540069.