When submitting CPD to SiLC you should include a:
- log of maintaining and improving knowledge and understanding – with particular consideration to the SiLC criteria
- log (where applicable) of completing LCR and promoting use of the LCR
- log of the application of knowledge and understanding relevant to land condition across the range of professions involved
- log of use of communication skills, internal and external
- log (where appropriate) of assistance to candidates entering the profession.
SiLCs are encouraged to develop a CPD plan. Qualities that might be included, are:
- specific technical knowledge and or skills, especially those outside the remit of usual work (for example, a chartered geologist may need to further develop understanding of the role of chartered surveyors and vice versa)
- knowledge of relevant new legislation
- management techniques
- problem solving
- communication skills
- leadership/management skills.
Developing a CPD plan
When developing a CPD plan, you should:
- set objectives with a realistic challenge and target levels to achieve
- choose a preferred method of learning (or combination)
- include SiLC criteria requirements (eg keeping up-to-date with the LCR)
- reflect on activities and evidence of skills acquisition
- identify personally suitable potential subjects and qualities as suggested above.